R51 Homeopathic Medicine Indications Thyreotoxicosis, Basedow’s disease, exophthalmia, intoxication of thyroid glands with trembling of the hands, “goggle-eye”, perspiration, eventually diarrhoea and emaciation.
Thyreotoxicosis, Basedow’s disease, exophthalmia, intoxication of thyroid glands with trembling of the hands, “goggle-eye”, perspiration, eventually diarrhoea and emaciation.
R51 Homeopathic Medicine MODE OF ACTION OF MAIN INGREDIENTS:
The ingredients act in the sense of a detoxication of the toxicated thyroid glands.
Atropinum: Main indication:”goggle-eye”, fits of perspiration, strong pulse.
Hekla Lava and Lapis albus: Effective for the constitution of fibrose struma.
Jodum: Specific reaction in hyperfunction of thyroid glands due to the excessive action of iodine. In this particular case the remedy does not act in a homoeopathic but isopathic way.
Lycopus virginicus: Strong pulse and tachycardia, as they are usually found in thyreotoxicosis.
Natrium chloratum: Effective in palpitations emaciation, irritability. The general action of the remedy is characterized by its regularizing effect on the function of thyroids.
– In the first 8 days, 4 times daily 10-15 drops in a little water before meals.
– Afterwards for a period of 8 days 3 times daily, then twice daily, the same dose.
– In some patients sensitive to drugs, a primary reaction may occur, notwithstanding the high dilution. In such cases the treatment should be interrupted for about 2-3 days. In the meantime the following remedies may be administered.
– R31 with emaciation and weakness.
– R4 with diarrhoea.
– R2 with strong pulse.
– Also our remedies for the nerves are frequently indicated such as R36 and R33.
– It is obvious that any treatment with iodized salts or any use of iodine as well as the use of hormones (thyroid glands) should be stopped, as these are liable to cause acute aggravation.
Info for Registered practitioners only.